Kevin

Currently Playing

Kevin

If there wasn't a reason to get a Switch before, Super Mario Odyssey is the reason, it is a must have game for the console.

Kagetora
12 hours ago, Kevin said:

If there wasn't a reason to get a Switch before, Super Mario Odyssey is the reason, it is a must have game for the console.

Yea, even if it a DLC Code, you still get a really good system and nicely colored Joy-Cons along with the wrist attachments but you're still paying a lot for it at $380 bucks. :| Tho I'm sure they'll find ways of reducing that price.

Kevin

Well, you can actually get the console for $300 and the game for $60 for either the digital or physical copy, (which is what i have) but yeah it's still $360. But the question is, is it worth it to you, for example was the N64 worth it's $200 asking price at launch  along with Super Mario 64's nearly $70 price tag, with inflation it actually puts the two at a considerably higher price than the Switch and Odyssey today. (Approx. $420 according to the inflation calculator) 

Anyway, to answer the question, to me, it is worth it, if you have the funds to get it and love those type of games.

Kagetora
8 hours ago, Kevin said:

Well, you can actually get the console for $300 and the game for $60 for either the digital or physical copy, (which is what i have) but yeah it's still $360. But the question is, is it worth it to you, for example was the N64 worth it's $200 asking price at launch  along with Super Mario 64's nearly $70 price tag, with inflation it actually puts the two at a considerably higher price than the Switch and Odyssey today. (Approx. $420 according to the inflation calculator) 

Anyway, to answer the question, to me, it is worth it, if you have the funds to get it and love those type of games.

Yea, I don't right now but I think I'm gonna try and save up or one since that bundle was actually quite appealing to me. :P Probably because it had 2 Joy-Cons that were the same color and not wacky colors like the multicolored version that looks almost like Pokeball colors. xD Tho I'll be sure to save up enough for a good SD Card to help expand the storage part... Won't be San Disk tho as they'll really gouge you if you aren't careful.

Kevin

Yeah, mine is just plain grey joycons, i wasn't too interested in the  red / blue colored ones.

Here is the one I have.

Sandisk is fine in my experience, just avoid the Nintendo Switch branded ones from Sandisk and others, they are a huge ripoff, What i went with was one of the largest ones i could find at the time, which was the 256 GB from Sandisk, i think this is it here.  But the other lower capacity ones are good too.

Kagetora
On 11/8/2017 at 10:35 PM, Kevin said:

Yeah, mine is just plain grey joycons, i wasn't too interested in the  red / blue colored ones.

Here is the one I have.

Sandisk is fine in my experience, just avoid the Nintendo Switch branded ones from Sandisk and others, they are a huge ripoff, What i went with was one of the largest ones i could find at the time, which was the 256 GB from Sandisk, i think this is it here.  But the other lower capacity ones are good too.

Nice, I may just go that route then and get the regular, Gray switch and Either Sonic Forces or something like that. Then get an SD Card later on when I start building up my library. I think if possible, I'm gonna try to get the gray version and Sonic Forces for Christmas but it depends on if it's on a good enough Black Friday or other Christmas sale... Which I'm sure they'll be on some sort of sale. Well, that may have fallen through for now with getting a Nintendo Switch for Christmas unless they have a major sale which I doubt it since Nintendo isn't authorizing any...

Which makes sense from a narrow business sense but oh well. I'll just save up and get one later on.

Kevin
On 11/19/2017 at 5:15 PM, Kagetora said:

Nice, I may just go that route then and get the regular, Gray switch and Either Sonic Forces or something like that. Then get an SD Card later on when I start building up my library. I think if possible, I'm gonna try to get the gray version and Sonic Forces for Christmas but it depends on if it's on a good enough Black Friday or other Christmas sale... Which I'm sure they'll be on some sort of sale. Well, that may have fallen through for now with getting a Nintendo Switch for Christmas unless they have a major sale which I doubt it since Nintendo isn't authorizing any...

Which makes sense from a narrow business sense but oh well. I'll just save up and get one later on.

Sounds good, not that Forces is a bad game haven't had the chance to play it yet, but Sonic Mania is old school Sonic and is cheaper now i think and Surprised you didn't list Mario Odyssey.

Is Sonic Forces the first game you want for it? I would have thought you would have wanted Super Mario Odyssey or Sonic Mania (which is currently cheaper than Forces),  as for Sonic Forces I haven't had a chance to play it but i probably will get it at some point,  so I'm not trying to discourage you from picking it up, was just curious.

Kagetora
9 hours ago, Kevin said:

Sounds good, not that Forces is a bad game haven't had the chance to play it yet, but Sonic Mania is old school Sonic and is cheaper now i think and Surprised you didn't list Mario Odyssey.

Is Sonic Forces the first game you want for it? I would have thought you would have wanted Super Mario Odyssey or Sonic Mania (which is currently cheaper than Forces),  as for Sonic Forces I haven't had a chance to play it but i probably will get it at some point,  so I'm not trying to discourage you from picking it up, was just curious.

Hmm... Yea, I may just do that and get the Super Mario Odyssey Switch Bundle that also comes with a carrying case and pick up a 128 GB Micro SD Card along with it and Sonic Mania or Sonic Forces should I have enough money left over. Just ran some quick calculations and if I can save up around $580 to $600 dollars, I cab get the Super Mario bundle, 128 GB SD Card, Sonic Forces AND have enough left over to get Sonic Mania on the Switch.

Which I'll get on the Nintendo online shop on the Switch itself.

Kagetora

Speaking of currently playing, I've been playing a bit of The Sims 4, Destiny 2 and Build-a-Lot. Just reinstalled Build-a-Lot while ago and it works just fine on Windows 10. :) With Destiny 2, been working mostly on my Titan dude trying to get him ready for the new DLC expansion Curse of Osiris.