Kevin

Currently Playing

146 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, Kevin said:

Since I recently purchased a Nintendo Switch and some games for it, I've been playing The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Super Bomberman R, Snipperclips, Fast RMX and Shovel Knight Treasure Trove, all for the Nintendo Switch, but mostly out of those I've been playing Zelda far more than the rest.

Aye, I've heard that out of all of those that Zelda was the best. I've also heard several good things about the Switch overall just that the system currently works better in its portable mode then it does in its docked mode currently. Which I'm sure will get sorted out at some point. That said, I think the biggest curiosity for me is games like ARMs that will utilize the motion controls functionality of the Switch. I'm quite curious to see just how far the motion technology has come since the original Wii. Since as you know, the motion controls were kinda cool until we realized we didn't need to do the full motions of swinging the controller for things like baseball games or tennis games.

Instead all we had to do was flick our wrists just right. Hopefully, the controls have progressed enough that you have to actually throw a punch in reality to throw one in the game. Also, I hope they don't push that on us in every game which I don't think they have this time around.

As for games I've been playing, Halo Wars 2 and Shadow of Mordor. Never did finish Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor and now they're making a sequel with Middle Earth: Shadow of War and also been playing SWTOR during their 250% EXP gain event.

The best part is so far motion controls over the Wii is they are optional, even Arms it will be, so if it doesn't work well, you can use the Pro controller.

As for games running better undocked, Well, Zelda does run better undocked, there are some points in the game where the framerate drops and its more noticeable when docked, I suspect even the Wii U version has the framerate drops, it is a massive open world game that pushes the hardware of both consoles. but I wonder how much of the Switch version's issues is the fact the game was originally a Wii U game and ported over to the Switch. I've noticed no such issues with other games, of course none of them push the hardware like Zelda. Either way it's not been a huge issue for me in Zelda, still a very enjoyable game, and a must play if you enjoy adventure games, open world really seems to work well for Zelda, I suspect, that's how the series will be going forward

2 hours ago, Kevin said:

The best part is so far motion controls over the Wii is they are optional, even Arms it will be, so if it doesn't work well, you can use the Pro controller.

As for games running better undocked, Well, Zelda does run better undocked, there are some points in the game where the framerate drops and its more noticeable when docked, I suspect even the Wii U version has the framerate drops, it is a massive open world game that pushes the hardware of both consoles. but I wonder how much of the Switch version's issues is the fact the game was originally a Wii U game and ported over to the Switch. I've noticed no such issues with other games, of course none of them push the hardware like Zelda. Either way it's not been a huge issue for me in Zelda, still a very enjoyable game, and a must play if you enjoy adventure games, open world really seems to work well for Zelda, I suspect, that's how the series will be going forward

That's right! I forgot that ARMS can be played in a more traditional manner.As for Zelda, I hope so, I hope Nintendo can get into more games that really push the hardware of their consoles.

I'm still playing Zelda: Breath of the Wild, that game is massive.

I've also been playing MLB The Show 17 on PS4 and Yooka-Laylee on PC.

been playing shovel knight treasure trove. been playing specter knight

still playing final fantasy 14 preparing for the expansion in june

and some overwatch

recently beaten Breath of the Wild.

For me, Mass Effect Andromeda. Finished the main story yesterday and was surprised that you can continue right at the end, after the end credits. Also, I do hope they make at least one more game in that new series as there is material there for at least one more game with how a lot of ends are left untied. Such as the Kett and the Ryder thing.