Kevin

A rare glimpse at the Sony / Nintendo 'PlayStation' prototype

16 posts in this topic

On 11/11/2015, 12:42:54, Kevin said:

Well, it was my understanding Sony was the one who wanted full control over all disc based games, licensing and such, which also meant Nintendo IPs,  it was Nintendo who backed out and went with Philips, and we got the monstrosity known as the CDi, and from Sony we got the PlayStation. It was a deal not meant to be and in the end probably worked out best for both parties, Sony obviously made the successful PlayStation, and its successors and with Nintendo, the CDi aside, went on do do their own thing, and both still exist today, while their biggest competition SEGA and Atari no longer make game consoles. Funny thing is, it was Sony who from what i heard, wouldn't work with Microsoft that played a huge role in the original Xbox coming to be.

Ah... So Sony doesn't play well with others it seems... Probably one of the reasons they're in such trouble now with everything except their Playstation division and even that could crumble if they aren't careful like not offering BC for their games whereas Microsoft has released a pretty small list of BC games for the Xbox One but I'm sure they'll be adding in more games as time goes on like some'll be added next month and then next year.

Tho I think the majority of games that will end up on the BC list will be Microsoft because I feel like a lot of companies probably won't release the IPs to be BC-able because they know they'll make way more money rehashing it as an HD Remaster... Cuz we all know that's the thing to do now is rehashing games into HD remasters... Still, Xbox's going about it way better than Playstation and at least they're trying to make it happen.

I honestly don't think Playstation cares that much about giving their customers BC because they can turn around and resell packs like that Uncharted Collection and make money off people by making them repurchase games they have already.

The legendary prototype is torn apart in all it's glory.

2 people like this

Interesting!

Yes, the entire landscape of gaming as we know it today would have been different had Sony and Nintendo stuck together. It's hard to tell where we would be right now.

2 people like this

Very interesting stuff.

Here is part 2, where he attempts to repair it.

They actually got the disc drive to work. The console is fully functional. How about that.