Sign in to follow this  
Excalibur

E3 2018 Discussion

Excalibur

It's that time of year again. This is the official discussion topic for E3 2018, As we get closer to the events of E3, discuss any game or hardware announcements you'd like to see happen or any predictions you may have on what will be shown and announced.

Links to the major press conferences and events and / or embeds of the video streams will be posted in this topic when they become available.

For those interested in specific press conferences, Below are the start times for all of the major press conferences and events, that have been announced at this point, the list will be updated as more are announced.

All times listed below are Central Daylight Time (CDT).

• EA - Saturday, June 9th - 1 PM.
  • Tiny Build - Sunday, June 10th - 2:30 PM.
  • Microsoft - Sunday, June 10th - 3 PM.
  • Bethesda - Sunday, June 10th - 8:30 PM.
  • Devolver Digital - Sunday, June 10th - 10 PM.
  • Square Enix - Monday, June 11th - 12 PM.
  • Ubisoft - Monday, June 11th – 3 PM.
  • PC Gaming - Monday, June 11th - 5 PM.
  • Sony - Monday, June 11th - 8 PM.
  • Nintendo - Tuesday, June 12th - 11 AM.

Live Stream

Spoiler

Kagetora

Sony may have just won E3 2018! :P Resident Eveil 2: The complete reimagine, anyone? :P Death Stranding was alright but we need more details on the plot/story of just what this game is. 2 Samurai games: Nioh 2 and Ghosts of Tsushima, Spiderman and to an extent Last of Us 2... Yea, hit after hit, after hit. That's how you light a conference on fire!

Excalibur

Yeah,  I'm especially excited for the Resident Evil 2 remake, but Spider-man and Ghosts of Tsushima looked really good too, the Death stranding trailer still leaves me confused, but Dreams looked really cool too, where you can create your own games and such. Most of the other conferences were either overall mediocre or not so good,  Though I did really enjoy Devolver's "conference" too and Microsoft had a few interesting games like CD Projekt Red's next game, Cyberpunk 2077 which was finally shown there, well the first full trailer. Super Mario Party from Nintendo's direct, looks a bit like the older (better) ones, which i hope turns out to be the case, if so I'll pick it up, and of course Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, which looks good too, but i think Nintendo spent far too much time during the direct talking about it. I know I'm forgetting somethings, so many games and such.

• Like 1

Excalibur

@Kagetora am I missing anything, there was so many games shown?

• Like 1

Kagetora
6 hours ago, Excalibur said:

@Kagetora am I missing anything, there was so many games shown?

Not sure, I think the games I'm most excited for are:

1. Marvel's Spider-Man: It would seem that the Infamous Sinister Six will be in the game with Shocker, Scorpion, Electro, and The Vulture and Martin Li who is Mister Negative already being revealed. Thing is, we have no idea who the sixth member is or who their benefactor is. Tho if I where to hazard a guess it could be anyone from Wilson Fisk to Norman Osborn. As for the sixth member of the team, it could be anyone from Doctor Octavius to Mysterio to perhaps even Kraven the Hunter?

2. Death Stranding: Kojima has done it again. :P He's managed to baffle us 3 years in a row but to his credit, he at least showed some new stuff as he has every year. The scope of it seems pretty amazing but I can't help but wonder if this is a PS4 game or a PS5 game. :P 

3. Anthem: Yea, EA was pretty lackluster but they did show at least some new stuff with Anthem even if they did so in a not so great way. Also, I hate fake energy and excitement. I'm she the girl they paid to do their conference is a good actress and she was cute but you could tell he enthusiasm was faked as she made it very annoyingly obvious. So yea, EA needs to look at what everyone else is doing right and doing wrong and try to learn from that.

4. Battlefield 5: Mostly just curious about it since they pretty much showed nothing new other than what little was shown off at Microsoft's Conference. Speaking of Microsoft....

5. Halo 6: Infinite: What I'm personally calling Halo 6 which I'm hoping is better than Halo 5: Guardians even tho I probably will pick up Halo 5 at some point since it's actually going for a pretty good price now: https://www.walmart.com/ip/HALO-5-Microsoft-Xbox-One-885370928518/44676910 Definitely a game I want to keep my eye on since I'm still a big fan of Master Chief. :) 

6. Gears POP and Gears 5: Gears POP actually looked like it'd be a fun time waster and also a bit funny too. :P As for Gears 5, it actually looked like it'd be a fun story. One I'd actually be willing to get into the Gears of War franchise for as I've yet to really play any of them.

7. The Last of Us Part 2: Aside from the awkward beginning and how they handled the presentation for that trailer, I'm still game to try the game out and the combat looked really good to me so I'll give it a shot . Need to go back and play the first game and it's DLC tho.

8. Fallout 76: Sure, it's pretty much Fallout Online but it did look fun and you can now fight over abandoned Nuclear Silos and launch them at pretty much anything. :P 

9. Ghosts of Tsushima and Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice: Both games looked very interesting and Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice looks like it could be a "Souls-Like/Lite" style game just with Samurai. :) 

10. Jump Force: Imagine Dragon Ball, One Piece, Naruto and others from the Jump Manga. :)

11. Rage 2

12. Metro Exodus

13. Crackdown 3: Because Terry Crews. :P 

14. Just Cause 4: Looked fun and the Just Cause series is pretty crazy in terms of mayhem and destruction.

Excalibur

Spider-man, when you mentioned the Sinister SIx, I couldn't help but to think of the NES game that i have, which is called Spider-Man: Return of the Sinister Six. Different Six but it reminded me of it,  none the less. Anyway, the game looks Marvel-ous. :P

Gears and Halo, I'm not particularly excited about either like with recent entries in both series, but we'll see.

The Last of Us 2, I'm not really interested, I know i'm probably in the minority, but i wasn't really a fan of the first one either though, and what was shown didn't convince me otherwise.

Fallout 76, looked pretty cool with all you can do, but they completely ruined it for me when they said it was online only, so no thanks unless they back off the always online for single player, then maybe.

Rage 2 I'll wait and see.

Just Cause 4 looks fun too, Crackdown 3 might be as well

Kagetora
On 6/16/2018 at 2:36 PM, Excalibur said:

Spider-man, when you mentioned the Sinister SIx, I couldn't help but to think of the NES game that i have, which is called Spider-Man: Return of the Sinister Six. Different Six but it reminded me of it,  none the less. Anyway, the game looks Marvel-ous. :P

Gears and Halo, I'm not particularly excited about either like with recent entries in both series, but we'll see.

The Last of Us 2, I'm not really interested, I know i'm probably in the minority, but i wasn't really a fan of the first one either though, and what was shown didn't convince me otherwise.

Fallout 76, looked pretty cool with all you can do, but they completely ruined it for me when they said it was online only, so no thanks unless they back off the always online for single player, then maybe.

Rage 2 I'll wait and see.

Just Cause 4 looks fun too, Crackdown 3 might be as well

True, Halo is sadly not in the best of places right now but hopefully, if they go back to strictly playing as Master Chief or allowing people to choose which character they want to play as then hopefully it'll be a better game. We'll have to wait and see. I personally can't really speak to the Gears of War franchise as I've never played a Gears game. Which as I've said, I need to get into them and try them out at some point.

The Funko Gears game seems like it might be fun mixed with funny but we'll see where it goes. Also,  another game that's on my list is Dying Light 2.