Kevin

E3 2017 Discussion

Kevin

This is the official discussion topic for E3 2017, As we get closer to the events of E3, discuss any game or hardware announcements you'd like to see happen or any predictions you may have on what will be shown and announced.

Links to the major press conferences and events and / or embeds of the video streams will be posted in this topic when they become available. Twitch has now announced their schedule for their E3 coverage, it can be seen here.

For those interested in specific press conferences, Below are the start times for all of the major press conferences and events.

All times listed below are Central Daylight Time (CDT).

• EA - Saturday, June 10th at 2 PM.
  • Microsoft - Sunday, June 11th at 4 PM.
  • Bethesda - Sunday, June 11th at 11 PM.
  • Devolver Digital - Monday, June 12th at 12 AM.
  • Intel - Monday, June 12th at 11 AM.
  • PC Gaming - Monday, June 12th at 12 PM.
  • Ubisoft - Monday, June 12th at 3 PM.
  • Sony - Monday, June 12th at 8 PM.
  • Nintendo - Tuesday, June 13th at 11 AM.

Live Streams

The Stream is embedded below and alternate links to the live streams (when they go live) are posted below, let us know if any links are incorrect or broken. More links may be added.

Spoiler

Live Stream

Alternate Stream Links:

Twitch: Twitchpresents, IGN, EA, Xbox, Bethesda, Devolver Digital, Intel, Ubisoft, PlayStation, Nintendo
Other Links: YouTube Gaming, Xbox, EA, Ubisoft, PlayStation, Nintendo

Kagetora

A shame that Activision/Blizzard no longer does E3 but the event they were at today makes up for it with showing off Destiny 2 which looks a lot better than the first game plus this time, we will have a PC port on Blizzard's Battle.net which they have a Desktop App for on their Battle.net site.

Kagetora

EA's conference had some good stuff actually... The new Need for Speed looked awesome and being able to take down enemy vehicles?!?! Sweet!! Hopefully it won't have any of that stupid stuff like the always online DRM or anything like that like Ubisoft did with The Crew. Which I'm probably going to be the full game sometime since it comes with both expansions.

Also, new Madden that actually looked good and Star Wars Battlefront 2 that spans 3 decades of Star Wars? SWEET BABY BACK WINGS!!! In other words, sign me up. :) Also, how bout that Bioware tease, eh? xD Masterfully teased too. :P Sadly, I only got to watch half of the show. :( 

So...

Battlefield 1: Trench Warfare? Russians! and what else? Ah yes, new weapons I'm sure... Fight for the Czar, Comrade! xD 

Madden 18: A story mode of sorts, new graphics but really, what more can you do with sports games to make them interesting? Probably pick it up at some point.

Need for Speed: YES!! Ability to take down enemy vehicles? Yes! Some definite Burnout DNA in the new Need for Speed. Also, you can pick up old clunkers out in the game world and rebuild them in your garage which yea, that's for me baby! :) 

One thing I want to see in Battlefield 1 is stories from the other side. Stories from the people who fought for the Czar, for the German Kaiser and what of the Japanese soldiers who fought for the Allies in World War 1? Will they all get their own expansion? We've gotten the French and now the Russians so perhaps? Tho I haven't played the French expansion so I've no idea if we get new stories or not for the French.

Anyway, my 2017 list so far:

Anthem

Madden 18

Battlefield 1's Russian expansion

Need for Speed

Kevin

Hope the new Need for Speed lives up, that's been the problem with the newer games, the original NFS Most Wanted from 2005 is still my favorite.

I did manage to catch a few minutes of EA's event between mobile service dropouts, A Way Out looked interesting too, would have to have someone to play with being co-op only, something I'll look at, if you decide to pick it up.

Kagetora
17 hours ago, Kevin said:

Hope the new Need for Speed lives up, that's been the problem with the newer games, the original NFS Most Wanted from 2005 is still my favorite.

I did manage to catch a few minutes of EA's event between mobile service dropouts, A Way Out looked interesting too, would have to have someone to play with being co-op only, something I'll look at, if you decide to pick it up.

Yup, you can play it in couch co-op (which made me happy to hear them having that) or online with one other person. I bet the game'll be released on Steam too because that's where their last game is. If nothing else, I'm at least going to take a look at that game. I did like the Burn Out style gameplay of the new Need for Speed game but I just hope that it is good... The last one wasn't really that great... Not just because it was always online but it had some important things missing like a race restart for if and when you make a mistake and wanted to do a do-over.

I think the performance of it was okay but I remember it did take them a while to get it released to the PC. So I hope they do a better job with this one.

Kagetora

OMG!!! He did it!!! He dropped the X-Bomb! OG Xbox titles are coming!!!

WOW!! Xbox came hard and fast!

Games now on my radar from them or that will be on their systems:

Sea of Thieves

Forza 7

Can't remember all of their exclusives but I know those 2 are their titles.

So... So far my list includes:

Anthem

Madden 18

Need for Speed: Payback

Assassin's Creed Origins

A Way Out

Lucky's Take (Thought it was the Conker game at first xD )

Battlefield 1: Fight for The Czar

Kagetora

Well, Bethesda was a bit of a bust. :/ Only games worth seeing were the new TESO Morrowind Expansion and Wolfenstein 2.

Kagetora

Never before have I ever wanted to set fire to myself than I did watching the PC Gamer event... This time it was sponsored by Intel.... UGH! So they had the Intel event which I skipped once I knew what they were showing off there... and the PC Gaming event... ERGH!!! Many, what a drastic departure from the last 2 years.... I don't think I could've been more bored if I tried.

Ubisoft's event was really well done with several game announcements like Skull and Bones which was basically the pirate action from AC: Black Flag but fleshed out a bit more and multiplayer.

Kagetora

With Nintendo's E3 Conference coming mostly to a close, it is grading time for each conference... Don't worry, I will TRY not to go on any rants and I will list them in order of Conferences.

EA: I will be generous and give them a 6.5. I would give them a 7 but the whole #HeforShe preachy garbage drags it down to 6.5... If I were to be totally honest, I would give them more like a 5 but they did show a few interesting games like Star Wars Battlefront 2 and a new IP from Bioware called Anthem along with another brand new game called A Way Out. Also, the new Need for Speed game that had some interesting aspects to it like finding junkers out in the game world and fixing them up and then you can actually use them as your car, that was cool.

I also liked the customization aspects of the game.

Thing is, that's about all they showed that any of us would care about. final score: 5

Xbox: Xbox's Conference was better, we got new info on their new console now known as the Xbox One X (XOX) Which is going to be confusing due to the Xbox One S. S and X sound so similar.... but that's the direction they went with. Again, they showed an actual gameplay video of Anthem so that was cool. No new Halo or Gears of War announcement tho. There was the new Forza which looked cool and all. I think overall, I give them 7.5 perhaps even an 8.

Bethesda: They didn't really try hard... AT ALL! Bethesdaland? Seriously?!?! All they did was talk about Elder Scrolls stuff... That and a new Wolfenstein game, Wolfenstein 2 which continues the story of the first one with Blastowitz taking on the Nazis in America. Other than that it was Elder Scrolls Online Morrow Wind which is already out and an expansion for their f2p card game. Yea... Bethesda, you get a 4.

I hesitate to mention the PC Gaming show and won't mention Devolver since I didn't watch it... In fact I shall not mention either because there's almost nothing worth mentioning other than perhaps a new XCOM 2 Expansion and Total War Warhammer 2.... I think you can guess what I rate it, that's right a 2!

Ubisoft: Ubisoft saved us! They showed off several games I liked like AC Origins, Beyond Good and Evil 2, Fractured But Whole, Far Cry 5 and MARIO + RABBIDS Kingdom Battle. They also showed off The Crew 2 but I'd hold off on that and see if the infamous Ubisoft downgrade hits the game. Overall a solid 8 for them

Sony: Sony!!! SONY!!! Sony man, they finally get it!! They finally get it! We want good games and we got good games. Detroit: Become Human, Spiderman and several others... Destiny 2 (even though Destiny 2 is not a console exclusive title, they still get first dips on all the game content) One thing, we did get infor on the Beta, Open Beta and PC release date for Destiny 2.... Which... SHOULD have been talked about in the bloody PC Gaming show!! For them 8.5/9? Hmm... 9.

Nintendo: Nintendo did fairly well with announcing some good Switch games including teasing Metroid Prime 4. They also showed off the new Fire Emblem game a bit more and a few games that none of us will care about... I do like the look of Mario + Rabbids tho, reminds me of XCOM for kids. I'd rank Nintendo up there with Ubisoft and Sony so 8 for them as well since the games did look like good games. Sony impressed my the most but that wasn't hard to do with how most of the stuff was leaked before hand.

Like the price of the XB-one X which is $500 bucks which sounds like an okay price.

I think overall, Sony is my winner... Sony is my winner for E3 Conferences.

Kevin

Firstly, I want to thanks you @Kagetora for keeping this topic upto date with announcements and such while I was gone.

Now on to my thoughts on this year's E3 conferences.

All in all it was a rather disappointing E3, I'm actually not too upset that I missed pretty much all of it,  while being out of town.

I still haven't watched alot of the conferences now, I've read the announcements and watched some trailers as well as skimmed through a few of the conferences.

Right off hand, the following games look interesting and will warrant watching.

Need for Speed: Payback (Cautiously watching this, hoping it will rival my favorite Need For Speed game, Most Wanted (2005) It is still EA after all, so I'm hoping they don't screw it up.)

A Way Out (Looks like alot of fun, but only if I can find someone to play with)

Super Lucky's Tale (This sequel to the Oculus Rift game, I never played the original being that it was a Rift exclusive, glad to see it coming to a non- VR platform)

Cuphead (Nothing much was shown but it still looks good though)

Far Cry 5 (Another series that has let me down before and it's Ubisoft, but the story looks interesting, and hopefully the Map maker will be really good, if so, I'll pick it up on PC.)

Super Mario Odyssey (Looks like a Day One buy, could be the best Mario game in years, perhaps since Mario 64.)

Kirby ( A new Kirby platformer, I think It's a 2018 release but what was shown looks fun.)

Knack 2 (I'm glad there is a sequel the first one was actually fun.)

Spider-man (This game is looking better and better the gameplay they showed off looked really good.)

It's also good to see Original Xbox games as backwards compatible, even if I think Microsoft's way of doing backwards compatibility means that most games will never be playable, it's still good that they are at least trying.

The Xbox One X is about what I expected the price to be but offers very little reason to be purchased, especially for someone who already has an Xbox One, and is looking for decent exclusives, I don't think there was a single Xbox One exclusive announced at the Microsoft conference, unless I missed something, perhaps some ID@Xbox games, otherwise every game is either coming to PC and / or another console or was a timed exclusive. Correct me, if I'm wrong about that.

I was interested in Detroit: Become Human but I am much less so now, after what was shown at this years Sony press conference. Also disappointed there was no mention of Virtual Console for Switch during Nintendo's conference and very little there that interested me was shown, that I wasn't already aware of. Super Mario Odyssey looked good though and a new Kirby platformer is cool but it won't come until 2018, and lol at the Metroid Prime 4 screen they flashed up there for game that likely won't come until probably 2019, maybe holiday 2018 but considering no gameplay was shown, 2019 looks more likely.

I'll update this If I forgot or missed something, to be fair I could have missed somethings.