Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kevin

Sonic Mania Hype Thread

4 posts in this topic

This is the official hype thread for Sonic Mania, which will be releasing for every current console (PS4, Switch, Xbox One) and PC and is scheduled to be released this summer.

Who else is excited for this game? It looks alot like the classic Sonic games on Genesis with a modern upgrade, It's looking (and sounding) really good and alot of love is being put into this game. so I'm really anticipating its release for sure.

Here are a few videos showing off the game.

Spoiler

From what I've gathered about it, it's pretty much a remaster of the first 3 Sonic games with added goodies like added levels and updated graphics and stuff like that. I guess they decided to go back to what made Sonic great to begin with which is good because they sure weren't doing him justice with all these crazy nonsensical games they were making like Sonic Boom and so forth. I mean come on, Sonic Boom? Seriously?!?! Isn't that like Guile's main special attack?

I'm probably not going to be preordering it but I will be picking the game up at some point and if I have the money, I'll go ahead and get the one with the Sonic statue on the Sega Genesis base. :) 

1 person likes this

Not sure if I'm going for the collectors edition, it looks cool, so I might, but I figure, I'll probably go for the Steam version or possibly the Switch version for portability, I don't typically preorder many games, especially if it's the digital version where stock / shipping isn't an issue, Yooka-Laylee was an exception to that but I wanted to try the playroom demo that was included ahead of the release, and I had thoughts of supporting it's Kickstarter (which I've never did before) but ended up missing out before I could make my mind up on what I was doing. But i digress, I haven't decided on which version to get, and not sure If I'll preorder but I do know, I plan to get it, likely around release date. Sonic 2 is still probably my favorite Genesis game, and this game looks like a blast and a blast from the past.

1 person likes this

On 5/13/2017 at 3:26 PM, Kevin said:

Not sure if I'm going for the collectors edition, it looks cool, so I might, but I figure, I'll probably go for the Steam version or possibly the Switch version for portability, I don't typically preorder many games, especially if it's the digital version where stock / shipping isn't an issue, Yooka-Laylee was an exception to that but I wanted to try the playroom demo that was included ahead of the release, and I had thoughts of supporting it's Kickstarter (which I've never did before) but ended up missing out before I could make my mind up on what I was doing. But i digress, I haven't decided on which version to get, and not sure If I'll preorder but I do know, I plan to get it, likely around release date. Sonic 2 is still probably my favorite Genesis game, and this game looks like a blast and a blast from the past.

I know what you mean, I liked the way Sonic 2 did things with only have 2 "Acts" before getting to the boss which shrunk each area down a little by eliminating one stage. I also liked using Knuckles in some of those games and using his climbing ability.